Fatal error:can_use_html_e ditor

Fatal error:can_use_html_e ditor

by Jonny McCullagh -
Number of replies: 3
I've just installed the Lessons module and tried to add a new lesson. I set the properties for the lesson e.g. number of retakes.
I didn't get the opportunity to add any content? and when I clicked to view the lesson I got the following error.
Am I using too old a version of Moodle? Do I need the new htmlarea editor? Or have I installed the lesson module incorrectly?

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: can_use_html_editor() in D:\Websites\moodle\mod\lesson\view.php on line 42

Any help is appreciated,
thanks,
jonny
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jonny McCullagh

Re: Fatal error:can_use_html_e ditor

by Timothy Takemoto -

How new is your Moodle? It has to be pretty new, like 1.2 development or later to work. If your moodle is from last year, or if you installed it using a non up to date Fantasico then it might be that the module is making calls to functions that do not yet exist?
Just a suggestion.
Tim

In reply to Timothy Takemoto

by Jonny McCullagh -
Thanks Timothy,
I believe I am using version 1.1.1 so I will have to get started on the upgrade documentation - I don't want to lose the course material I have already added.
Thanks again,
jonny
In reply to Timothy Takemoto

by Jonny McCullagh -
Thanks again,
I have just updated to the latest beta 1.3 and that has sorted the current problem and created a new one which the developer of the lessons module might want to address.
I'll add a new topic under Lessons.
Cheers,
jonny