Dutch translation

Dutch translation

by koen roggemans -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

Here's a first try. I 'm still searching for a sollution for some too long Dutch words, especialy the four words in the small calenderview. This problem occurs me verry often: it seems that Dutch words are mostly longer than English.

Anyway, suggestions for this problem welcome (replacing one and other by icons with an alt text?)

By the way, the calenderfunction looks great. As soon as it comes in the main moodlestream I upgrade my productionserver to 1.3dev. Few weeks ago, I was planning to install webcalender for myself.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to koen roggemans

Re: Dutch translation

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
May be a stupid question, but the "user" in the interface, is that the logged on user? So could it also be written as "my", "mine" or "me",?
In reply to koen roggemans

by John Papaioannou -
Well, in some cases yes. For example, the english for "userevents" (which is the filter text) is "User events" while the greek text (I wrote it myself) literally means "Personal events". That "inconsistency" doesn't bother me much because I know that the greek sounds "natural" to a native greek speaker.

So if you want to translate "userevents" to "My events" and you know it will sound "nice" to Dutch, then why not?

Only keep in mind that you cannot do this everywhere: "userevents" can be "My events" but "typeuser" might sound weird this way ("Type: My event"). If it's any help, in greek it sounds very very nice if in both cases the word "user" (as a possessive adjective) is translated to "personal".

Jon
In reply to John Papaioannou

by koen roggemans -
Thanks, that's about what I wanted to know. I try to get the translation right before I implement it on may productionserver, but in testenvironments you don't get everything to know so easily.