What type should I use???

What type should I use???

by Marc Veenstra -
Number of replies: 5

I'm trying to slap a written test into Moodle for a Health & PE Class.

There is a style of question that goes:

Blah blah blah blah blah.

List 3 blahs that can be used.

What sort of question type should I use?

Marc

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marc Veenstra

Re: What type should I use???

by Joseph Rézeau -
ምስሊ ናይ Core developers ምስሊ ናይ Particularly helpful Moodlers ምስሊ ናይ Plugin developers ምስሊ ናይ Testers ምስሊ ናይ Translators
If you are using Moodle version 1.7+, use multichoice with multiple answers.
Joseph
Attachment image00.jpg
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Marc Veenstra -

Thanks for the suggestion. I am using 1.7 - sorry for not mentioning it in the original post.

The other option I've discovered is to provide ALL combinations in the answer section of a short answer question. ie:

1. Answer1, Answer2, Answer3 100%

2. Answer2, Answer3, Answer1 100%

3. Answer3, Answer1, Answer2 100%

4. Answer1, Answer2 66.66%

5. Answer2, Answer3 66.66% etc.

The only drawback with this method is the number of answers that need to be supplied!

Marc

by Joseph Rézeau -
ምስሊ ናይ Core developers ምስሊ ናይ Particularly helpful Moodlers ምስሊ ናይ Plugin developers ምስሊ ናይ Testers ምስሊ ናይ Translators

Hi Marc,

Instead of Blah blah blah blah blah or Answer1, Answer2, Answer3, could you please provide a few real examples? I might then be able to provide a better solution to your query.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Marc Veenstra -

eg.

Q) Name the 3 models of photocopiers used in the school.

A) DC1100, AP5540, AP650.

A 100% correct answer requires all 3 models, but the order they are in shouldn't matter. Therefore:

A) AP5540, AP650, DC1100 and A) AP650, DC1100, AP5540 are also 100% correct.

Marc

by Deleted user -

You could use Multiple Choice, and choose the Multiple Answers allowed option. This allows the student to pick as many of the answers as they want.

The down side of this question type, is that you cannot limit the students choices to the number of answers they can pick. Meaning that the student can pick only one of the answers, or all five of the answers (in your example).

Due to this one drawback, you probably need to assign a negative grade to the incorrect answers. If you assign a positive grade to the correct answers (say +33.33% to each of the 3 correct answers), and you assign no grade (0%) to the incorrect answers, then the student could pick all five answers, and still receive full marks, even though they picked more choices than you asked for. But if you assign say -50% to the two incorrect answers, then they will receive 0 marks on the question, even if they pick all five answers. They will NOT receive overall negative marks on the question... the minimum they can score is zero(0).