cloze v1.2.1 #feedback?

cloze v1.2.1 #feedback?

by Frans-Pieter Vonck -
Number of replies: 18

Hello quizzers,

does texual feedback from cloze questions work with you on version 1.2.1
I can't get right. (Have set feedback on Yes allready).

Greetings,

Frans

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Frans-Pieter Vonck

Re: cloze v1.2.1 #feedback?

by Mary Kaplan -

Hi Frans,

I have just tried my first cloze quiz, so I was rather glad to see your post, since this is the same problem I am having. I changed the feedback to on and off to check if that caused the problem, and got red boxes for wrong answers and green for right ones, but no textual feedback. I'm still playing with it. I'll let you know if I get it figured out.

--Mary

In reply to Mary Kaplan

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

If I do remember it right, I think I 've read somewhere some time verlegen that feedback in cloze isn't implemented yet.

Anyone who can confirm that or can update my memory ?

edit: hmm, something more to read here

In reply to koen roggemans

by de Hoog Erald -

Well there they tell it is working. However I tried it and am not able to get any feedback on the answers, just red and green.

Anyone knows what is going on. Does it work, if yes then how or does it not work

In reply to de Hoog Erald

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Try hovering your mouse over the red/green answers ... you should see a "tooltip" appear.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by de Hoog Erald -

Tried that but nothing.. Can not see the feedback nor the answers.

Might have done something wrong. This is a sample

kommer {1:SHORTANSWER:%100%med#OK} bil {1:SHORTANSWER:%100%til#OK} Valle.

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Actually Cloze Shortanswer might be the only type that doesn't have feedback ... I remember there was a reason at the time but can't remember what it is now ... I guess it should show all the 100% correct answers, yes?

by Mary Kaplan -

I don't see this either. Can you possibly look at this test and see whether it is user error or not?  http://ahshornets.moodle.com/mod/quiz/view.php?id=4055 We're on 1.3 and I don't see how to tell the right answers....

Thanks! smile

--Mary

In reply to Mary Kaplan

by Martin Dougiamas -
Actually, I can see the popup tooltips fine ... just hover your mouse over the red and green answers.

If not, what browser are you using?

by Mary Kaplan -

OK, I thought it was probably user error. I'll get with Art and we'll work this out. Thanks for the quick response.

--Mary

In reply to Mary Kaplan

by Art Lader -
I am using IE 5.2 for the Mac and am not seeing any tooltips, but I am not really sure *where* I should be seeing them.

-- Art
In reply to Art Lader

by Art Lader -
Aha, now that I have read the entire thread I know I should be hoveering over the red/green answers. Doh!

-- Art
In reply to Art Lader

by Art Lader -
Okay,

I am seeing the tooltips in Mozilla-based browsers but not IE-based browsers.

-- Art
In reply to Art Lader

by Martin Dougiamas -
Gah!  Stupid IE - it can't display titles on SELECT items!   Thanks!  smile

I've converted it to use overlib-style popups - Javascript is required but looks a lot nicer and works great on IE.

Attachment french.png
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by de Hoog Erald -

Hi Martin,

It works great now however one little thing. If I switch on the option to see the correct answers with the feedback it is not displayed. I would like my students to see the correct answers after the quiz is closed. But tried everything and no only the feedback is shown.

Another question: If the answer is not correct how can I display any feedback. For example: Someone gives a completely wrong answer which I could not predict, I would like to be able to give him/her a hint in which direction he/she should think to find the correct answer. I'm using the SHORTANSWER option so I would like to be able to give feedback regardless what they type (except when a good answer is given, then off course the feedback for the right answer should be displayed as is now).

Any ideas on what the format should be.

by Martin Dougiamas -
Yes, both good points.  Unfortunately this will take more time than I have right now ... can you please file bugs for these two items in the Bug Tracker?

Cloze format is not displaying correct answers when that option is chosen in the quiz.

Shortanswer format should be able to display feedback even on wrong answers

by Mary Kaplan -

Martin,

This feedback style is wonderful! I like it a lot better than the yellow box. As usual, you are the best!

Thanks again! My students are really excited about this!

--Mary

by de Hoog Erald -

Not working I'm using IE 6.9, so guess the pop up is not for IE.

Any work around this?