How do you add a new page to a journal?

How do you add a new page to a journal?

by christ smith -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

kids are creating a reflective, ongoing journal. is there a way to add another page?

I tried the [] brackets like in wikki but it didn't work.

any help would be appreciated

Average of ratings: -
In reply to christ smith

Re: How do you add a new page to a journal?

by Cindi Allison -
Good morning! I haven't discovered a way to add another journal page, but my students create an ongoing journal that covers the entire school year.

I suggest that students date each journal entry. When a student wants to add a new entry, he positions his cursor at the end of his last entry, taps the Enter key twice, adds the current date, and begins typing. That way a student's newest entry is always at the bottom of the journal field which makes it possible for me to see that entry while adding my feedback, and the student's journal is in chronological order. Works great for us. smile

For example:

2/23/07 This was my first journal entry.

2/26/07 This is my second journal entry.
In reply to Cindi Allison

by Ger Tielemans -
In the original Moodle design a teacher puts a journal in every section and the student fills the page for that week. When a student is on a journal page, she can click on journals in the navigation bar and see all here journal pages on one screen. (Creating a course in a more structured way, meaning that the modules used in each section are very week the samen, this option of the navigation bar works also nice for resources, etc..)
In reply to Cindi Allison

by christ smith -

Thanks. that is what we are doing now.

regards

chris