Problem with 'Allow quick grading' facility in Assignment module

Problem with 'Allow quick grading' facility in Assignment module

by OEE_Dev KW_Univ -
Number of replies: 6
Using Moodle 1.7.1 : Try to use 'Allow quick grading' facility in Assignment module. To feel the problem: check the check-box in front of the 'Allow quick grading' in any assignment you have in any course. Then, click the 'Save preferences' button at the bottom. Then, try to grade one of the student that has NOT submitted any thing yet, finally press the 'Save all my feedback' button, the PROBLEM WILL BE SHOWN AS A blank page, and that's it. My Solution: Open .../mod/assignment/lib.php page find : unset($submission->data1); // Don't need to update this. unset($submission->data2); // Don't need to update this. Then, inclose these two lines within IF statement as follows: if(!$newsubmission){ unset($submission->data1); // Don't need to update this. unset($submission->data2); // Don't need to update this. } and this should solve the problem !! Omar. Kuwait University, OEE Developer.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to OEE_Dev KW_Univ

Re: Problem with 'Allow quick grading' facility in Assignment module

by David Jackson -
Thanks Omar. This patch also fixes Assignment in 1.7+

by Karen Taylor -
Thank You Omar!
Fixed my problem!!

by Edward Roche -
I am having this issue with my 1.8+ installation. I tried this fix but now when I select the assignments link it gives my a blank page at that point now, I can't even get to the assignments page.

Do yo have any ideas for this version?

Thanks
Ed

In reply to Edward Roche

by Katarzyna Potocka -
I've got the same problem with 1.8.1+ after changing hardware- specially php4->php5.
It occures only if you use quickgrading and if "show assignments per page" is greater than 96. With only 96 students everything works fine, with only one student more the grades and comments are not being saved and you get to the login-page.

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Omar - Thanks for the patch; however, it would really help if this is a bug that it be filed in the tracker. That will allow it be looked at and fixed. If the issue still exists in Moodle 1.8 and beyond we really need to get it fixed there as well. The tracker is the best place to let the developers know of such problems. Peace - Anthony
In reply to Anthony Borrow

by Katarzyna Potocka -
hi,
we had to change our php.ini after changing php4 --> php5:

[suhosin]
suhosin.post.max_vars = 2000
suhosin.request.max_vars = 1000