First of all: Have to commend the writer(s) of this application. Awesome work, simply outstanding. Obviously done whilst considering human aspects in use of techology as serious as the more technological or architectural.
Anyway, I am new to Moodle, did my first installation quite recently. Our company is searching for applicable eLearning software+methodologies. Think that search is now over for me now. I realize it'll take me some time to get aquainted with Moodle and all its features.
Initially, I am working on the setup and design to make it harmonize with our corporate standard. While all features (as far as I can tell) appears to be working nicely, there are some design aspects that I cannot figure out how to change.
- Header block front page: In the stylesheet I found font size for header block/mid section on the front page (above forum posts front page). But when a user logs in, it leaps back to the previous font size/value? What parameter changes this to same as when not logged in?
- Default font type/size in Editor: I would like to change the default font type/size, where is this done? And btw, I see that this editor/plug here appears diifferent from the one apperaing with my Moodle installation? Is there a new plugin and/or ways to change it to this setting?
- StyleSheet: Are there other ways to implement stylesheet with more specifications to control behavior of modules?
Other Moodle Setup & Configuration Questions:
- LDAP Tips: In our company we have several directory standards but now heading towards two LDAPs. I want to use Domino LDAP as the default, does anyone have any tips regarding the setup of Moodle in this context? Any tips appreciated
- Web/SSO: We are using Domino/IIS as server standards. Our Collaboration service (Using Domino + Layers such as Quickplace/Sametime + Notes web apps) runs with Single Sign-on which enables SSO integration of real time collaboration features.
One thing I would like to do is to integrate Sametime Java applications into Moodle but this would require Single Sign-On to be working (in order to be nice).
So, it would be very useful to integrate Moodle with all our other applications and sites. Right now I am running Moodle on a standards IIS5 with Zend PHP/mySQL plus a few other features. Works very well indeed so no need for us to reconsider server OS. Suggestions regarding these two topics very welcomed.
I realize that was alot of questions in one and the same posting and different topics that perhaps should better be separated. I would appreciate any tips, to begin with the ones regarding formatting & design.
Thanks & Best Regards