Moderating forums

Moderating forums

by Bernardo Carvalho -
Number of replies: 9

hi all, Discussion forums - can these be configured to be moderated? (eg. a delegate posts a topic that is not visible until a tutor, or admin, moderates and approves post) Many thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bernardo Carvalho

Re: Moderating forums

by Karen Newby -
I would also like to know the answer to this! It would be very useful option.
In reply to Karen Newby

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi,

I've just replied to this question in another discussion: How to moderate forums in Moodle?
In reply to Helen Foster

by Karen Newby -

Thanks Helen. I see that both the Glossary and the Database modules allow this, and I use both of those, but I really wanted this facility on my forums. Glossary is too constrained, and database needs you to add something. With a forum you could really develop discussion; it is unfortunately the nature of some young people to misuse the opportunity and I want the course to stay focussed!

Thanks

Karen

In reply to Karen Newby

by Debi Krulak -
I agree with Karen. I would like to use forums with my elementary school students, but would like to be able to keep the discussion on track and make sure the students are making appropriate posts.

It seems like this is an option that would be very attractive to a lot of elementary teachers. Are there any plans to develop the ability to moderate forums?
In reply to Debi Krulak

by Rick Barnes -
Even with pupils 12 to 16 the option for a moderated forum, especially when starting out with a new class would be very useful to keep posts on track.
Having the option to choose to have a forum moderated then even the option to assign a moderator or 2 from the group would be great. Start by allowing the responsible members of a class moderate the forum under guidance, then let other pupils have their turn as they are able.

Rick.

In reply to Rick Barnes

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers
Oops, Art. I've never had a moderated forum. You must be thinking of my forum that allows for anonymous posting--quite the opposite!
In reply to Chardelle Busch

How to allow students to post anonymously on a single forum?

by Karen Kantor -
I'm trying to figure out how to allow my students to post anonymously to a particular forum I set up for feedback. I want the anonymity to be constrained just for this one designated forum. Is there a way to do this?