Some additional features...

Some additional features...

by Duncan Edwards -
Number of replies: 3

I need some extra features on the attendance module for our school.  I was wondering if anyone has already written them or if I need to learn some SQL and PHP!

1. I need a quick way of seeing who is absent at a particular time across all courses, not just the current course at a click of a button. 

2. Is there a way of going straight to today's attendance once it has been taken rather than having to scroll through the whole list?

Any ideas or thoughts about code would be extremely useful. I really wanted to do this all on Moodle but I am not skilled in PHP so might have to resort to an Access front end, yuk!

Regards,

Duncan

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Duncan Edwards

Re: Some additional features...

by Jesús Martín -
Hi.
It's a good idea. I'd like another feature: Is possible to export the attendance data to the calendar?

Thanks.

J. Martín

In reply to Jesús Martín

by Dmitry Pupinin -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi!
I not fully understood for what this feature. Please describe in detail.
In reply to Dmitry Pupinin

by Jesús Martín -
Hi!
Imagine you are a parent and want to see the attendance events. With your module you have to go to every course (with a parent role, of course - http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=57812).

In my opinion, parents would like a more comfortable system. For instance, with links from the calendar as private events... This way, it is easy to see all the attendances of all the courses...
Do you know what I mean?

(and excuse for my English...)