Firstly, apology for my poor English. Our servers’ configurations are as below:-
1. One unit of web server running on HP DL385 (2.41 GHz CPU, 2GB Ram), Windows Std 2003 R2
- IIS6.0 serving LMS web services (8 courses, with SSL, chat function enabled), Data Size approx 1Ghz.
-PHP 5.1.2 running via ISAPI under IIS
3. One unit of LDAP server running on ML110 (2.41GHz CPU, 1GB Ram) Windows 2003R2
Note: No Scheduled tasks performed for both servers. All servers are running on same subnet.
I used WAPT tools for load/stress testing and found that if there more than 5 users login simultaneously the CPU load hits 100% . This test is merely foucs login and browsing the pages, no chatting or downloading performed. I have very bad response time too.
Later, I clean up the log files and only enable SSL connection only for login page but the result does not help much.
My questions are as below:-
- My servers hardware spec enough to support 600 users. What if the users become 6000 next year?
- Will Windows Network Load Balance help on this issue?
- Many users in the forum suggest that the Moodle is performance much better on Linux based platform, I plan to try out on RHEL4.2., any comments