How do I assign weights to assignments?

How do I assign weights to assignments?

by Kevin Audleman -
Number of replies: 1
I have 6 assignments with a maximum number of points at: 20,10,60,30,40. I use this scale and assign fractional grades, such as 15.5 points. However this doesn't seem to be a possibility in Moodle (am I wrong?). No problem, I figure I can just double the number of points each assignment is worth and use integer scores. However one of my assignments is worth 60 points and it doesn't look like I can set the scale to 120. Any ideas on how I can do this? Is there any way where I can set all assignments to 100 points and then assign weights in the gradebook?

Any ideas appreciated.

Kevin Audleman
In reply to Kevin Audleman

Re: How do I assign weights to assignments?

by Julie Pichon -
I think you can do that by creating weighted categories in the Gradebook (in the Advanced features). If you create a category for each assignment, you can set for each assignment a grade out of 100, then specify in the Category weight if it is worth 20 or 60% of the final grade. More information here. I think you'll have to change a couple of things in the 'Set preferences' menu of the Gradebook too, to actually use the weights and make the 'View grades' menu less confusing.

Hope this does what you want smile