I try to understand this complex system of roles

I try to understand this complex system of roles

by Ronaldo Reis Jr. -
Number of replies: 5
Hi,

I upgrade my moodle from 1.6.2 to 1.7.1+, now I try to understand the new tools roles. This is very complex.

Now, all courses creators is listed in all courses. The correct behaviour is to list only the teacher of your own course.

How to fix this? I think that is a role problem, but I dont undertand why and where.

Looking at Assign roles, I have this:

Roles Descrição Usuários
Tutor Teachers can do anything within a course, including changing the activities and grading students. 0
Administrador Administrators can usually do anything on the site, in all courses. 3
Autores de curso Course creators can create new courses and teach in them. 15
Non-editing teacher Non-editing teachers can teach in courses and grade students, but may not alter activities. 0
Estudante Students generally have less privileges within a course. 0
Guest Guests have minimal privileges and usually can not enter text anywhere. 1

I dont understant why I dont have tutor and Estudante. I need to put all student users in Estudante role manually?

I really dont understand the complexity of roles function.

Any help is welcome.

Thanks
Ronaldo
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ronaldo Reis Jr.

Re: I try to understand this complex system of roles

by Marcio Soares -

Ronaldo:

Veja com seu Administrador se a regra de nova inscrição no curso está configurada como Autores de curso ao invés de Estudante como deveria estar. Caminho a seguir:  Site Administration --> Users -->  Permissions --> User policies --> Default role for users in a course

Marcio

In reply to Marcio Soares

by Ronaldo Reis Jr. -
Marcio,

Valeu, mas não é isto, lá está correto. Mas os autores de curso continuam sendo mostrados como se fizessem parte de todos os cursos.

When I look in Current Role in participant list in my course, It show by default all users (enrolled Students, me, and all course creators). In this way, all course creator are enrolled in my course, this list have no sense.

My system have an error with upgrade 1.6 > 1.7?

I try to cancel the course's author enrolment in my course, but dont work. All admin and course's author are automatically enrolled in all courses?

Thanks
Valeu
Inte
Ronaldo

by Ronaldo Reis Jr. -
Hi,

sorry by my insistence.

I try to fix my problem. All course creators and site admin is enrolled in all courses, look:

Estatística

* Professor: Ronaldo Reis-Jr
* Professor: Rômulo Barbosa Veloso
* Autores de curso: Magno Borges
* Autores de curso: Frederico de Siqueira Neves
* Autores de curso: Anderson Santos
* Autores de curso: Maria Orminda Oliveira
* Autores de curso: Mírian da Silva Costa Pereira
* Autores de curso: Marcílio Fagundes
* Autores de curso: GRECIA OIAMA DOLABELA BICALHO
* Administrador: Fabia Magali Santos Vieira
* Autores de curso: Cid Rocha
* Autores de curso: huagner cardoso
* Autores de curso: Maurício Faria
* Autores de curso: Leonardo Ribeiro
* Autores de curso: Afrânio Farias

Limnologia

* Professor: Anderson Santos
* Administrador: Ronaldo Reis-Jr
* Autores de curso: Magno Borges
* Autores de curso: Frederico de Siqueira Neves
* Autores de curso: Maria Orminda Oliveira
* Autores de curso: Mírian da Silva Costa Pereira
* Autores de curso: Marcílio Fagundes
* Autores de curso: GRECIA OIAMA DOLABELA BICALHO
* Administrador: Fabia Magali Santos Vieira
* Autores de curso: Cid Rocha
* Autores de curso: huagner cardoso
* Autores de curso: Rômulo Barbosa Veloso
* Autores de curso: Maurício Faria
* Autores de curso: Leonardo Ribeiro
* Autores de curso: Afrânio Farias

This is wrong. The correct is to show only the Professor role. But I dont know how to change this? I need to remove the extras roles from course, but I dont know how to do this. I try to cancel the enrolment of others but it dont work.

O look in using moodle roles and it is show only the correct roles, the course admin, the moodlers and the guest. I my course is show all existing roles. I try to change the roles, but I'm afraid, because is a lot of option to change.

Anybody can help-me.

Thanks
Ronaldo

by Julio Santiago -

We are having exactly the same problem! Please, any help will be very welcome!

Oooops! looking at other threads in this same forum I found what looks like the answer to this question: http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=63569. This might also be of help to you, Ronaldo.

In reply to Julio Santiago

by Ronaldo Reis Jr. -
Yes, this is the problem, but for now I go to wait the official patch. I dont understand the problem very well to apply the patch.

But, I make a new install of moodle to make more test. In the new moodle install, the problem of the Course creator being showed in all courses exist, but is different of my real moodle.

In my new installation, I create 2 users and put all in Course Creator's role.

I create a new course using the user1.

In this course participant list, the user2 is showed, but when I click in this user, it is not enrolled in the user1's course, it is only showed in "All Role" or in "Course Creator Role".

In my real moodle upgraded from 1.6.x, all course creator and site admin is showed in all courses and all course creator and admin is enrolled in all course.

I try to cancel the enrolment of all non participant people but it dont work.

Thanks
Ronaldo