Problems with 1.7.1+ utf-8 migration with custom language packs (but in 1.6.3 works properly)

Problems with 1.7.1+ utf-8 migration with custom language packs (but in 1.6.3 works properly)

by Juan Marín -
Number of replies: 0
I have a similar problem as Samuli (UTF-8 migration code wants language packs in dirroot/lang/ instead of dataroot/lang?) but I'm not so lucky and I have to use the migration scripts (I have no knowledgements to try other posibilities).

I'm trying to do a UTF-8 migration in a cloned served (to preserve the production server).

If I migrate to UTF-8 with 1.6.3+ and after this I upgrade to 1.7.1+ all is perfect (but the Nwikis that not understand the UTF and crash). But (in the same environment, the same BD and the same moodle data folder) If I upgrade first to 1.7.1+ When I try to migrate to UTF I get an "unknown context" error and before this I get many "unknown lang pack" error for my custom language pack (only one).

Probably you are asking yourself Why I am posting this if I could solve the problem migrating UTF previous and upgrading to 1.7 after? Well, the problem is the Nwiki module (If I migrate to UTF the Nwiki of my courses crashes). I have to wait to migrate to UTF until the Nwiki support it, but I want to upgrade to 1.7.1+ now to use the new functionalities... And I want to migrate to UTF as soon as possible (to avoid problems in the future)... How could upgrade to 1.7.1+ and preserving the possibility to migrate in the future to utf without errors?
Average of ratings: -