MOODLE_18_STABLE branch starts TODAY

MOODLE_18_STABLE branch starts TODAY

by Martin Dougiamas -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I'll be branching MOODLE_18_STABLE later today at about 8am GMT (5pm Perth time).

This means those fixing bugs on 1.8 will need to start working on the MOODLE_18_STABLE branch and merging each fix to HEAD.

It also means that the database schema is now frozen for the 1.8 branch, no further database changes are allowed. Talk to me if there's a problem with this.

For those wanting to move ahead on new features and database changes in HEAD, you will now be free to do so (but I would really prefer you were helping us on polishing 1.8! big grin)
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: MOODLE_18_STABLE branch starts TODAY

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
MOODLE_18_STABLE is now ready for use! Please update your 1.8 Beta test sites to use this branch.

cvs -q update -dP -r MOODLE_18_STABLE

I would hope we can get a release done within two weeks maximum.

Happy heart day!

In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: MOODLE_18_STABLE branch starts TODAY

by Martín Langhoff -
I've been away disconnected the last 2 weeks (50% work, 50% holidays) and now I see... THIS!

Wohooo!