Students not receiving conformation email

Students not receiving conformation email

by Manuel de la Torre -
Number of replies: 9
I have used previously Moodle 1.5 an when I added a comment to a student's assignment they received an email confirmation telling them they have a teacher's comment.

Now we are using Moodle 1.7.1 an students are not receiving an email confirmation after grading or commenting their assignments?

Is this they way it should be or there is a way I can fix this?

Manuel.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Manuel de la Torre

Re: Students not receiving conformation email

by Brian Schmidt -
We have had the same problem since moving to 1.7.x. We previously used 1.6.x and all was fine.

It seems the feedback/comment e-mails are the only ones not being sent, so I don't think there are any configuration problems with mail in general.

P.S. -- I finally just got the chance to submit a bug report about this: http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-8498
In reply to Brian Schmidt

by Manuel de la Torre -
This bug has been solved in the last CVS update.

by Noel Chidwick -
Thanks very much!

Greatly appreciated.

by Will Taylor -
Where can I find this?
In the Contrib directory in CVS, the only thing I find in the Mod/Assignments directory is an assignment type. I downloaded the latest stable Moodle release (vers. 1.7.1+, 2/21/07) and installed the Assignments files from this, but still do not get student email confirmation of graded assignments.
- will

by Cindy Koeppel -

Hello,

I am frustrated with the same problem.  Can you please give me instructions on where I can find it in the CVS update?  I am lost.

Thank you!

Cindy

In reply to Cindy Koeppel

by Will Taylor -
I've got it working now, using the latest stable release of vers.1.7 from the downloads section.
In reply to Will Taylor

by Cindy Koeppel -

Hi,

We downloaded the lastest stable version 1.7 and now students are receiving confirmation of a teacher's comments or grades, but the teacher isn't receiving an e-mail alert that the assignment was submitted.  The only way the teacher knows an assignment was submitted is by logging in and checking the list of assigments. 

Is there an easy fix for this one?  

Thanks in advance.

Cindy Koeppel 

In reply to Will Taylor

by Philip Norton -
I too, have installed an updated version which did send off some e-mails to students. However, it remains erratic with some students receiving e-mails and some students not... How do I provide more detailed bug information? I don't know where to start looking!
In reply to Philip Norton

by Thomas Robb -
The bug tracker is the place to report problems like this. Please supply complete info so that the developers can reproduce the bug on their own machines.

It has a separate login system from the moodle.org site but it might be linked to moodle.org. Try your regular username & password first before you attempt to set up a new account.