How do I import my question library from Desire2Learn?

How do I import my question library from Desire2Learn?

by Charles Bellefontaine -
Number of replies: 3

I have a large question library in Desire2Learn.  I can export them in D2L's format, but I can't find an import method to bring them into moodle.  Any help would be appreciated.

Chuck Bellefontaine

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Charles Bellefontaine

Re: How do I import my question library from Desire2Learn?

Well I will assume that this can not be done.  Is anyone planning on building a module to let this transfer happen?
In reply to Charles Bellefontaine

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Give us a chance to reply smile

I'm not familiar with Desire2Learn at all. I had a quick look at their web site and there's not much of a clue except that they go on quite a bit about conforming to IMS standards. This isn't particularly good news as it is such a rambling standard that it would somewhere between difficult and impossible to support the whole standard. The result is that there are a couple of importers for specific implementations (e.g., Respondus and Blackboard 6).

Your options are really to first see if Desire2Learn can export to any other format that Moodle *does* support. After that I suspect you would need to think about funding the development of a suitable plugin.
In reply to Howard Miller

Thank you and that is what I was thinking as well.  I am going to wait until out admin comes in today.  I already put in a note to him to see if I can export in another format.  Thank you for your comments.