Collecting work from multiple submissions in one assignment

Collecting work from multiple submissions in one assignment

by Rick Barnes -
Number of replies: 2
I work with younger pupils who often forget to saveold work and create new versions of their work as they progress through a projects. One of the major marking criteria is how they have improved their work so I need to collect work in at various stages.
To do this I use separate assignments (no grade) each week and then a final assignment at the end that I actually grade.
I know that I can now use teh advanced upload to allow them to upload multiple files at the end which is fine for pupils who have saved different versions of their work. I could then look back at teh no grade assignments for the other pupils.

What I would really like is for all of the files from the whole course (only 5 or 6) to be handed in separatly each week but for them all to show up in the final assignment to make marking easier and faster.

Has anyone got any ideas?

The only thing I can think of is to create links each week that link to the final assignment, but I'm not sure if this will confuse pupils as it will not have the assignment icon and it will only have the instructions on the upload page for the final assignment, listing all of the pieces of work that need submitting for the project.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rick Barnes

Re: Collecting work from multiple submissions in one assignment

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
If you are working with mostly text you may want to look at having the students use a wiki? That would allow you to see the progression of work and you would not have to worry about multiple files. I'm not sure about the options for grading/rating but it may provide you another option to experiment with.
In reply to Anthony Borrow

Re: Collecting work from multiple submissions in one assignment

by Rick Barnes -
Some of the documents they create will be text, but usually it will be to show the development of a piece of work, spreadsheet, publisher, powerpoint etc. with different stages, design work and evaluations of the work and their performance.

I've thought about work shops but have had problems in the past with the restrictive timed stages when pupils miss a deadline for one reason or another and then get left out of the loop.