Old quiz questions troubling me

Old quiz questions troubling me

by Suresh kumar -
Number of replies: 4
Hi,

Today I tried to upload my second quiz. When I add questions, it get mixed with the first quiz questions which are already present there. Now I have to manually select the new questions from the whole lot, for my second quiz.

Can I delete all the questions before adding questions for my second quiz. Is it a good idea or a better solution exists for this problem?

Thanks
suresh
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Suresh kumar

Re: Old quiz questions troubling me

by John Isner -
Suresh,
You do not import questions into quizzes. You import them into categories. You probably only have one big category called "Default" so when you import new questions, they go into Default and mix together with the old questions.

It is important to understand the difference between quizzes and categories. Every question is placed in a category when it is created or imported (it can be moved to a different category at any time). Categories should be semantically meaningful, such as "algebra" and "geometry." When you create a quiz, you choose questions from one or more categories. For example, you could create a quiz called "final exam" with questions from "algebra" and "geometry."

Once you start using categories, it is a good idea to import NEW questions into a special category. I use a category called "wash" because that's where I clean my questions after importing them (e.g., linking up images and fixing typos). Once I have done the cleanup, I re-categorize each question into a semantically meaningful category (algebra, geometry, etc.). When I'm done, the wash category is empty and ready for the next import.
In reply to John Isner

by Suresh kumar -
Hello Jeff Forssell and John Isner,

Thank you once again for supporting me,

suresh
India

In reply to John Isner

by Suresh kumar -
Hello Jeff Forssell and John Isner,

Thank you once again for supporting me,

suresh
India

In reply to Suresh kumar

by Jeff Forssell -
Hello again!

Create a new "category" like second quiz (though a more descriptive answer would be more useful) in the questions creation page. Change to that category. THEN import your questions! cool

I would like to recommend setting Publish = Yes in general to make teacher cooperation easier.

Having meaningful categories can be used also for other purposes like being able to choose ramdom questions about a certain subject.