hello all again,
I know I didn't give much info above, so here is some more. I hope someone can help because I'm pulling my hair out at this point.
info- Ok, I started by moving my Moodle 1.7 installation from a linux server to Windows XP running the latest WAMP5.
I imported the database and away she went, or so it seemed. When I try to do any of the following, 95% of the data is lost and only a few bytes is saved to the mysql DB.
1. If I try to edit an existing forum post, like the news forum. It will at most save 1 sentance.
2. When I try to edit the course description on the main page, the same thing happens
3. At first, when I tried to create a new news forum post, the above happened. Then after I manually edited the entry in the database using phpmyadmin, it started to work. Even for new posts.. Strange
4. I started from scratch, with a brand spankin new install, DB and all. Same thing.
5. Oddly, no problems with blogs at all. They post just fine.
I ran the exact same version over on my linux box with no problems. the only thing I can think of is that it's something peculiar with this version of WAMP5, but I cannot figure it out. I've made sure that everything that needs to be set in the php.ini and httpd.conf is set properly.
Anyone have any ideas?