LDAP & Access DB for enrollment

LDAP & Access DB for enrollment

by Chris Kenniburg -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hello All,
I currently have the default enrollment as LDAP for my moodle site. This allows for every student and staff to login. I want to enable the External Database enrollment option and have it point to a MS Access database to generate users for a "Parent Course" we are creating.

Does anyone have an Access DB file I can see to get an idea of what fields are needed? I am very inexperienced with DB Creation.

What is really confusing me is setting the user ID# for the new users. Do I just pick an random number to start with? Can there be a gap between what the LDAP enrollment is doing and what the External DB will do in terms of adding user ID#? Meaning LDAP is on user ID 2300 do I need to start the external DB at 2301 ? Or Can I just start it at 5000?

What if the user ID# are the same on the external and LDAP databases?

I really don't want to screw this up.

What would really be best for me is if I could just upload the users from a CSV file and be able to set the authentication for the account to "Manual" as you would by adding the users individually in the admin panel. If you can do this, please post an example!

Any help would be appreciated.
Average of ratings: -