Adding Dialogue module

Adding Dialogue module

by Charlie Abela -
Number of replies: 4
Hi,

I'm totally new to moodle.
I have set up moodle as explained in the docs and am using eclipse (+phpeclipse) to look at the code and understand how things work...
I found this module and wanted to try it out, I downloaded..unzipped into moodle/mod and restarted moodle...so is that basically it?
Cause after restarting I still couldn't see the dialogue module as an activity...
what am I missing?

kind regards

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Charlie Abela

Re: Adding Dialogue module

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Charlie,

You need to go to...

http://your_moodle_path/admin

to complete instalation the module.
In reply to Howard Miller

by Charlie Abela -
Thanks for replying,
I did visit the admin page..but what should I see/do? When I click on Modules/Activities dialogue is still not listed..

Charlie
In reply to Charlie Abela

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
You should see some messages about Dialogue's database tables being created.

Double check that you have the module's files in the right place. Compare with other modules - it should have the same general "feel". Make sure the module's directory and files have appropriate permissions set. They must be readable by the web sever (probably readable by everyone).