Can not edit Wiki

Can not edit Wiki

by Shayne Train -
Number of replies: 6

I installed Moodle last week and am trying to set up a Wiki. It is set to Groups, No Groups so that my class will have one wiki which students and I can edit. So far I'm the only one trying it.

I added some text, and it shows up in view, but when I go to edit it, only part shows up. The first screen shot shows what my page looked like in View, the second when I call up Edit. You can see that all my bullets are missing.

Then, when I try to edit the page, I get back the message:

Sorry, while you edited this page someone else did already save a changed version. Please go back to the previous screen and copy your changes to your computers clipboard to insert it again after you reload the edit screen.

I've searched around the forums and can't find out the answer to either problem. (also, since I new, are the forums the only way to get help?)

view.jpg     edit.jpg

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shayne Train

Re: Can not edit Wiki

by Sjaak Kamerling -
I have the same problem. I am using (Erfurt)wiki's in Moodle for a year now, but this problem never occurred. Last month it happens over and over again. I made no changes at my Moodle-settings, but maybe my provider did make changes which are not wiki-friendly. Can anybody help?
Sjaak Kamerling
In reply to Sjaak Kamerling

by Sjaak Kamerling -
Did some more investigation. In Firefox and Opera the problems don't occur. Within Internet Explorer (I am using 6) the problems arise. Still strange why they arose last month; before that time I also used IE6.
Maybe this helps.

by Sjaak Kamerling -
Did some more investigation: the problems arise from the time that my provider had changed to a new php-version, 5.2.0. When I use my shadow-moodle-environment, hosted at a provider with php 4.4.0 there seems to be no problem.
Can it be that php 5.2.0, Moodle (1.6.3) and IE6 are conflicting with each other when wiki-editor's are used?

by Atanael Varela -
I think the problem could be cache settings in the server. I'm having the same problem..
In reply to Atanael Varela

by Truc Pham -

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. However, it's only recently when I create a new site. All of my old sites are still working fine with the edit function.

Anyone know how to fix the problem?

Thanks and have a good day.

In reply to Atanael Varela

by Truc Pham -

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. However, it's only recently when I create a new site. All of my old sites are still working fine with the edit function.

Anyone know how to fix the problem?

Thanks and have a good day.