Teachers loose editing ability in Calendar 1.7

Teachers loose editing ability in Calendar 1.7

by Ian Scott -
Number of replies: 9

Teachers are loosing the ability to edit calendar events in a course. If I add new teachers, they can't edit previous entries. The new teachers can add new events but other teachers on the course can't edit their events. Teachers can't edit previously entered events.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ian Scott

Re: Teachers loose editing ability in Calendar 1.7

by sheila jagannathan -
Has anyone figured this one out?  As a teacher, I can create calendar entries but cannot edit them.  Is this a bug?  Is there a work around?
In reply to sheila jagannathan

by John Papaioannou -
We are talking about course events, is that correct?
In reply to John Papaioannou

by Carl Keller -
Hi Jon:

I am having the same problem! No matter how I seem to set and or over ride permissions, teachers are unable to edit Course calendar events once they have created them. They simply don't see the edit or delete icons when they go back to previously-created events.

It's almost as if there is a loss of cascading of capabilities from the System context level through to the Course context level. If I specifically Allow 'manage own calendar entries' and 'manage any calendar entries' under Define Roles for teachers at the System context level, the capabilities are not cascaded down even though I have permissions set to Inherit at the Course Category and Course context levels.

Even if I over ride and allow 'manage own calendar entries' and 'manage any calendar entries' at the Course Category and the Course context levels, teachers do not get that capability. The same is true for Non-editing teachers.

This is a real issue for me because we are using a course calendar as a central scheduling tool for one of our computer labs.

I am running 1.7+

Thanks in advance for any help!

Carl Keller
In reply to Carl Keller

by Rudolf Scheurer -
Hi all,

we have exactly the same problem, too. We're working with version 1.7.1+.
Does anybody know if this is a real bug or "just" a misconfiguration issue??

Hope somebody is listening ...

Regards,
Rudolf.

by Aye-mon Myo -

We are having the same problem. And, yes, we are talking about the course events. Teachers cannot edit events in calendar once they are created.

Any advice would help. Thanks!

by Rudolf Scheurer -
Hi Jon,

do you have any news about this issue? Is there already an entry at tracker.moodle.org concerning this bug?

Regards,
Rudolf.

In reply to Rudolf Scheurer

by Michael Vollmer -

I recently upgrade ours to 1.8 and am having the same problem (we were on v1.6 before with no issues).  Anyone ever find anything on this?  Thanks!

NUHSAdmin

In reply to Michael Vollmer

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Michael,

According to bug MDL-9186, the issue has been resolved. mixed Perhaps you could provide more details and re-open the issue.