Dropping lowest scouring quiz.

Dropping lowest scouring quiz.

by jason browne -
Number of replies: 3

I guess this is the most suitable place to ask this question. I was wondering if anyone would be so kind to tell me if there is a way to drop the lowest scouring quiz?

cheers,

Jason

Average of ratings: -
In reply to jason browne

Re: Dropping lowest scouring quiz.

by Thomas Robb -
Do you mean that you want to drop the lowest score from multiple instances of the same quiz, or the lowest score from a set of quizzes done over time? If the later, I don't think there is a quick way to do this.

If you don't have many students, you could view each student's score report and determine which one is the lowest, then bring up each quiz in turn, click on 'View Results" and delete the quiz scores for just those students whose low score happened to be on that quiz.

A script could be written to tally the scores and delete the lowest one. It just takes someone with the know-how and time. smile
In reply to Thomas Robb

by jason browne -

Hi,

Originally I was hoping to have one quiz count as extra credit. Since reading the other forums I have decided it may be easier to forget about having a quiz count as extra credit. Instead I plan to drop the lowest scoring quiz from a set of quizzes. I have 5 quizzes that each student will take. The quiz with the lowest score will be dropped for each student.

In reply to jason browne

by Gustav W Delius -

What exactly do you mean by "dropping" the lowest scoring quiz? I guess you mean that you simply don't want to take it into account when calculating the final grade. If that is the case then that is exactly the sort of thing that the gradebook with calulated columns was written for. See http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=3784. You can use a formula like best((N-1)/N,all) to calculate the final grade as the best N-1 out of the total of N assignments.