Importing Dreamweaver MX pages into Moodle

Importing Dreamweaver MX pages into Moodle

by Allen Buchanan -
Number of replies: 3

I have just started reading about Moodle, and I'm a Ph. D. candidate looking for a cost effective ID solution for my school. Obviously, Moodle would take care of the cost-effective side. However, most of my online lessons in the past have involved Dreamweaver MX and Flash MX (soon to be Flash Professional). I was curious if a Macromedia product like Coursebuilder be transportable into Moodle, and if so, how could a report of a session be created?

I'm probably asking too questions at one time, but I'd like to have some answers before I give Moodle a test run and report the results to my supervisors.

Your assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Allen Buchanan, Technology Instructor, Shorecrest Preparatory (A Mac School)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Allen Buchanan

Re: Importing Dreamweaver MX pages into Moodle

by Bob Calder -
The Macromedia products were originally designed to be industrial CBT tools distributed on CD. I can't see the scripting language being used for the web. It's just click and show or click/make a decision/ and show. Why not use php forms like moodle itself? I teach my kids php now and they take to it like ducks to water. (Well mostly)
cool

by Ger Tielemans -

You better see Moodle as the learn-organiser for students and teachers.

The idea behind it is that it helps students to get an overview of the possiblities in a course and to take responsibilty for their own learning. A teacher gets a set of new tools to organise student activities in that light.

In that organiser you can also "hang" exercises created in Macromedia, because MX products can create pages that run on webservers, so also in Moodle and they can exchange student-info with XML. On this moment the gradebook in Moodle only handles final scores, not the other AICC-parameters.
Products like HotPotatoes are adapted to give that endresult back to the Moodle gradebook.

Moodle is a different kind of sport, give it a try anyway, you will not regret.

by Ger Tielemans -

You better see Moodle as the learn-organiser for students and teachers.

The idea behind it is that it helps students to get an overview of the possiblities in a course and to take responsibilty for their own learning. A teacher gets a set of new tools to organise student activities in that light.

In that organiser you can also "hang" exercises created in Macromedia, because MX products can create pages that run on webservers, so also in Moodle and they can exchange student-info with XML. On this moment the gradebook in Moodle only handles final scores, not the other AICC-parameters.
Products like HotPotatoes are adapted to give that endresult back to the Moodle gradebook.

Moodle is a different kind of sport, give it a try anyway, you will not regret.