Paypal activation

Paypal activation

by JM Garcia -
Number of replies: 4

I downloaded the files for Paypal (enrol.htm, config.htm, enrol-old.php, inpn.php, return.php, and version.php) but I have no idea where to put them withing moodle's directory. There is not much info around regarding this detail and I am really not familiar with php. At least I managed to install moodle.smile

I appreciate if someone can help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to JM Garcia

Re: Paypal activation

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

What version of Moodle did you install?

If it was 1.6 or 1.7 (or 1.8?) then if you have a look in your "moodle/enrol" directory, you will see a subfolder called "paypal". That is where the files belong. However, if you have just installed Moodle ,then I don't think you will need those other files, because the ones you have will be the most up-to-date.

I have never activitated the Paypal option myself, but I believe all you have to do is go to the settings page for a course, and enter a value in the "cost" field.

Why not try it and and see wink

good luck
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by JM Garcia -

Thanks for replying.

I am using 1.7 and you are right, those files are there.
I check for the amount field and it's there. I am not sure why it wasn''t there before.

I tested it and it took me to Paypal.

I have one more question, if you can help me. One the person pays through Paypal, that person will be enrolled automatically. No my question is, do I also need an enrollment key or should I leave that blank?

Thanks.

In reply to JM Garcia

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

My understanding is that if you leave the enrollment key blank, then only people who pay will be allowed into the course. However, if you have an enrollment key, then people who enter the correct enrollment key will be allowed into the course without paying. This is done on purpose, so that you can set up a course where some students pay and others don't.

Well that's what I understood from the help files anyway:
http://moodle.org/help.php?file=cost.html

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by JM Garcia -

That's what I read too.
I tested paying through Paypal and it enrolled me automatically into the course (I did this while keeping the enrollment key, so it works as you mentioned).

Thanks so much for your prompt response.

Janet