upgrading 1.2beta to 1.2

upgrading 1.2beta to 1.2

by thierry reygnier -
Number of replies: 3
Hello,

First, many thanks for all the developers of moodle...

To upgrade from 1.2beta to 1.2 final release, do we need to backup the data (mysql base) ?
Does the upgrade modify the mysql base or is it simply the php files and other who are changing ?

Thanks you
Average of ratings: -
In reply to thierry reygnier

Re: upgrading 1.2beta to 1.2

by Dale Jones -
I didn't bother to back the database up (trusting soul that I am - some say foolhardy!) and everything works just fine so far.  I went from last week's CVS to 1.2Final.  
In reply to thierry reygnier

by Nicolas Martignoni -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Once you have changed the php files, etc. don't forget to visit the admin page of your moodle... and it will automagically upgrade the tables of your database.

As Dale, I didn't backup my DB before and everything worked perfectly; but as a wise guy, you should backup it before any upgrade wink

Good luck
In reply to Nicolas Martignoni

by Eric Swanson -

IMHO - Always, always and I mean ALWAYS backup up your database, config, courses and if possible entire site before any major upgrade, especially if you are live and not in development.

This includes creating  a backup NOT on the same server for those who have their own servers up and running.

my .02 - same advice goes out to all my clients some of which they actually follow

swany