Multilang on Category ??!!

Multilang on Category ??!!

by Mohammad Azhar -
Number of replies: 9
i've tried to use multi lang on categroy - when adding a new category - it seemed its not applicable on that .. or is it ??!!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mohammad Azhar

Re: Multilang on Category ??!!

by Mohammad Azhar -

it seems no one had replied on this sad

and its not on Category but its one the Navigation Bar too ..

i think this feature doesnt apply at every INPUT Field..

is there some setting that stops it work in any particular places.. !!!???

by Gaëtan Frenoy -
Mohammad,

To be fully functionnal, the multilingual text filter needs some modification in the
current code of Moodle.

As all texts are not currently filtered (as you noticed it for Category and Navigation, but
there are many other places), those texts don't get translated.

Martin did not want to go too quick with filtering all texts since it might lead to
performance issues.  However, as this is required for multilingual systems, we may proceed
with the changes locally and see how the system behaves.

I already made some changes to fix the main problem (like category and navigation).
However, as they were made on an older version of Moodle, I don't know if it is
sharable "as is".  Anyway, I can always send you some diffs and see what you can do.
And possibily continue the work?

Let me know what you think.

Have a good day.

In reply to Gaëtan Frenoy

by Mohammad Azhar -

i think its very good, maybe if you could farward me the changes ill try it on my system - and ill let you know ... im using Moodle 1.2 beta ...

n lot of thanks smile

by Mohammad Azhar -

Hi Gaëtan

sad i thought i will be expecting some feedback from you. our moodle site is almost over except with little twaeks here and there and this is one of 'em .(Navigation bar- Main Course List- Jump boxes) even header and footer, but for that, im simply using an if condition if currentxxx en then print so ans so.. 

I'll be very glad if you could share with me your code or even if you could guide me where and what to change smile

you've mentioned:
- Martin did not want to go too quick with filtering all texts since it might lead to
performance issues. 

maybe if Martin could enable them, and make as an option, those who've notice low performance could disable it rather than not enabling at some place..

---------------------------
keep moodling wink
http://194.170.31.182/dxb/moodletest

by Gaëtan Frenoy -
Good morning Mohammad,

Please accept my apologies, I completely forgot to send you what I promised.

Attached is a zip file with some changes I made some months ago against a
pre-version of 1.2 (version 2004021201).

Let me know if this make sense to you and if you are able to re-apply the same
kind of patch everywhere it is needed for you.

If something remains unclear, please let me know, and I will elaborate further.

Have a good day.

by Mohammad Azhar -

mmmm sad

unfortunatly it isnt working .. this is what it says:

Warning: filter_text(D:\FrontPage Webs\Content\mywebs\websytez2\moodle/filter/multilang): failed to open stream: Permission denied in D:\FrontPage Webs\Content\mywebs\websytez2\moodle\lib\weblib.php on line 598

Warning: filter_text(): Failed opening 'D:\FrontPage Webs\Content\mywebs\websytez2\moodle/filter/multilang' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in D:\FrontPage Webs\Content\mywebs\websytez2\moodle\lib\weblib.php on line 598

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: () in D:\FrontPage Webs\Content\mywebs\websytez2\moodle\lib\weblib.php on line 599

iam using moodle 1.2 beta version

thanks

by Gaëtan Frenoy -
What did you do exactly?  I suspect that if you don't have exactly the same version
I have (look in version.php), you cannot simply replace the files in your installation.

The best is to make a diff of your files against mine (look for WinDiff if you don't have
this kind of tool).

I upgraded my installation to 1.2.1 and I am currently merging the changes I made.
If you do the same, we will work on the same version and we will be able to exchange
files much easier.

by Mohammad Azhar -

atlaaaast !, something got work wink

sorry for being very late, but, after i got failed from the first attempt, i was discorreged. i gave it another try, .

i had to download the program first .. ie. WinMerge (a great freeware tool )  wink

comparing with your source code, it not run on the  first run, thus was giving the same previos error message, that was because :-
in your submitted file  

:: Modle_diff4 > lib > weblib.php

// include($CFG->dirroot.'/'.$textfilter);

include("$CFG->dirroot/$textfilter/filter.php");