Evaluation Questions

Evaluation Questions

by Sarah King -
Number of replies: 6

I'm evaluating Moodle and like what I see so far but some questions:

1. How do I see an education history for a user - did this course, passed, did that course, failed etc.
  2. We want to record courses that users have done with external providers to all them to collate their professional quals in one place. Am I right that for each qual type I'd create a topic based course with just a quiz to collect the study dates and any reference info?

I'm a PHP coder so no probs if I have to code #1, I just need to advise my client.

Sarah

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sarah King

Re: Evaluation Questions

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
This (meta) level of course management is not in Moodle yet, but it's something I (and many others) would like to see.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Sarah King -

Thanks Martin

On point #2, where we just want to record that someone has done the course and passed, is that the best way of doing it or am I better to code a custom module. I'd like it to be recorded in a standard fashion and it seems better to use the current tools rather than try to manually insert records to get the same sort of effect.

Sarah

In reply to Sarah King

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Well, I think this should be a completely new and separate bit of code.

Off the top of my head it would need at least a table to record

- userid
   - courseid       (zero if external, otherwise a pointer to course table)
   - status          (planned, enrolled, completed)
   - totalgrade    (for that course)

Then you would need a nifty little interface to add entries to this more or less manually.

Later, the courses could insert/modify/delete entries as appropriate.
In reply to Sarah King

by W Page -

Hello!

Just 2 questions,

WP1

In reply to W Page

by Ger Tielemans -

I think there are three roads to choose, I prefer them all: knipoog

1. Moodle should send information to a secure central LMS of the educational institute
    (connection from the gradebook?)
  2. Moodle should genarate a fancy certificate for the student on paper ( and maybe an electronic version with checksum seal?)
  3. In the personal page there could be a link to an electronical version of the certificate,
    (could grow into a spin-off portfolio, see Tom's ideas)