German translation

German translation

by John Papaioannou -
Number of replies: 5

Ralf Hilgenstock from DIALOGE Beratungsgesellschaft has been kind enough to translate Calendar in German (both flavors, de and de_du, even though I admit I didn't even know there were two German translations blush) and send me the translations.

Due to personal issues I won't be able to add them in CVS until Tuesday, but I wanted to let everyone know.

Thanks very much, Ralf!

Jon

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Papaioannou

Re: German translation

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators

Hi Jon,

in German we have two language versions.

The de-Version is the normal text. We call it "Sie". It is a little unpersonally and the business form.

The de_du version is personally and most used at schools.

I send you the files directly, because I couldn't find the calnder files in CVS. If Martin adds the calender files in the moodle cvs directories I can add the german language files to the cvs.

In reply to Ralf Hilgenstock

by John Papaioannou -

Hi Ralf,

I did study German for a few years myself, so now that you explained it I understood!

It's just that due to my programming background, I assumed that _du was a language code of some sort... LOL! cool You had to say "Sie" to make it clear. smile

Jon

In reply to John Papaioannou

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators

Hi Jon, this is a good idea to change the german language order in moodle to de_sie. The names "de" and "de_du" are made by Martin.

Martin, do you think it is a great problem for all the users to change the name "de" to "de_sie" for all the german user working with moodle?

In reply to Ralf Hilgenstock

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Well, I don't think it's worth a name change if "de" is the "main" one anyway.