New Slide Presentation

New Slide Presentation

by Bryan Williams -
Number of replies: 18

A new Moodle slide presentation is ready for comment.  This presentation is designed to inform an educator or business trainer that has heard about Moodle and would like to know more about it, and virtual learning in general.  Other presentations can be created for more specific issues.  I will use this slideshow, or a modification based upon feedback, in my own live Moodle presentations to aforementioned audiences.  It was created in OpenOffice Presentation, which is free and available at http://openoffice.org.  Moodle folks are free to modify this program for their own use, and to comment upon things that could make it better. I also have it available in PowerPoint 2003 for anyone that is interested. 

Right click this file to download, or if you have OpenOffice on your computer it will load into your browser.  Just hit F9 to start!  Dialup users may find it slow to load.

moodle_pres.sxi 

Enjoy,
Bryan

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bryan Williams

Re: New Slide Presentation

by Tim Allen -

Hi Bryan,

I would be interested in the Powerpoint 2003 version.  If  you could make this available I would really appreciate it!  approve

TIA, Tim.

In reply to Tim Allen

by Gustav W Delius -
Or perhaps the flash version would be useful, see http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=5453.
In reply to Gustav W Delius

by Tim Allen -

Thanks Gustav, but I don't have Openoffice presently (although I will install it on my new machine in the not too distant future), and I would need it before I could convert it to flash, right? 

I don't want to install it just yet though, so (EDIT old sentence: "I only have a windows machine at the moment, so..."), so the powerpoint format is the only one appropriate for me right now.

Tim.

In reply to Tim Allen

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Just as an aside, Openoffice is free, and runs excellently on Windows.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Tim Allen -

Thanks Martin, I just realized that and changed my wording on the last post, before I had seen your reply!  blush

I think I just don't want to install it on my windows machine yet because it is probably a big download and I am concerned not to use up too much of my hard disk memory. 

Tim.

In reply to Gustav W Delius

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
And here is the flash file
In reply to Ralf Hilgenstock

by Gustav W Delius -
Thanks, that made it really easy for me to look at it without leaving my browser. It is a compelling presentation Well done. And I even found my picture in it shy.

by Bryan Williams -

Ralf,

I am requesting that you remove the link to both the PowerPoint and Flash files you have connected with these two posts.  I had my reasons for not posting these, which can be read at the official Moodle Documentation Project site. I would welcome you and others interested in promoting better Moodle documentation to join this group so that when a release is made of something new, it is a sanctioned release from a central respository being maintained by members of the group.

Thanks,
Bryan

In reply to Tim Allen

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Here is the powerpoint presentation

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Really cool! cool

I think I'm going to use it to show Moodle to some friends...

Ciao smile
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

by Bryan Williams -

Eloy,

There is an area on the second to the last slide, next to the Moodle logo, reserved for a very special person (YOU).  When your picture becomes available again, I would like to add it.

Bryan

by Sean Keogh -
Hi Bryan,

Brilliant presentation.  Slight typo found:  Slide 7/26 Glossary: "dictionary's" should be"dictionaries".

I found my picture too, and recognised a whole bunch of others.  We really are becoming a community aren't we?  smile

Oxford Beardie

by Don Quixote -

big grin great presentation!

Need to link to it...

Greetings

Andreas

by Dale Jones -
Nice work, Brian.  I too found my picture (memo to self: I must update it - I look like David Brent from the UK TV series "The Office" - urgh) and I'm proud to be part of this community. 

FWIW, on page 12 (Learner Management Features - Groups) of the sxi version (haven't checked the others) there's a slight typo - "catagories" should be "categories".  It's OK elsewhere in the presentation.

Well done on creating such a successful presentation.

Best wishes
Dale "Mr Picky" Jones

In reply to Dale Jones

by Bryan Williams -

Thanks Dale and Sean for the spell check contributions, hope others find mistakes and please move comments to the Documentation project.

sxi version (haven't checked the others)

I have only posted one version, moodle_pres.sxi.  See comments at above reference.

Bryan