Sliding grade scale possible?

Sliding grade scale possible?

by robert maran -
Number of replies: 0
Hi,
Currently, each week's assigned Moodle homework exercises in a particular course are available for students to do within a designated two week time frame. However, a colleague of mine wants each week's homework to be available for 4 weeks, because of possible computer problems and access logistics by students. The logic behind orgiinally have a 2 week time frame was to "encourage" students to keep up with the homework when it was assigned. My fear with having a 4 week time frame for any week's particular homework will only lead to procrastination by students and them cramming and doing all the homework in the last week- which is not very conducive to encouraging regular study habits. To accommodate my colleague's request, but at the same time "encourage" regular study habits, is it possible to set a sliding scale for the grade book? In other words, the grade book would deduct points on a sliding scale for every week the homework was not done. For example:
Week 1 homework done in week one-> 100% of score gained
Week 1 homework done in week two-> 90% of score gained
Week 1 homework done in week three-> 80% of score gained...etc

1. Does such a function exist already in any version of Moodle gradebook?
2. Has someone out there already thought of this idea and is working on putting it in a a gradebook feature?

Cheers,
Robert