Equation notation in HTML Editor: how?

Equation notation in HTML Editor: how?

by Paolo Brunello -
Number of replies: 3
Hi,
is there a way, a trick, a workaround to allow mathematical equations to be written directly into the HTML editor without having to insert the .gif image generated by the usual HTML filter embedded into MS Word>Save as Web Page...?

thanks,

Paolo
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paolo Brunello

Re: Equation notation in HTML Editor: how?

by John Isner -
Moodle supports two markup languages, LaTeX and Algebra. LaTeX is the more powerful of the two, and is widely used by mathematicians. To use either language, your administrator must activate a filter. Then you can type mathematical expressions directly in the HTML editor. For example, if you type the following LaTeX expression

3x^2+2x^2+5x+3=0

(surrounded by double dollar signs -- not shown), the page will be rendered like this:

$$3x^2+2x^2+5x+3=0$$
In reply to John Isner

by Paolo Brunello -
HI John,
thank you for your help, but as an administrator I've activated both Algebra and Tex notation filters on my standard 1.7 moodle and still if I type $$ y=x $$ I don't get any output at all when I send the post on the forum, just the regular text around the "ghost wanna be" equation.

Should I think of a permissions problem on my hosting server?

thank you,

Paolo
In reply to John Isner

by Robert Gotwals -
How does one do example dimensional analysis in latex in moodle? for example, using \frac with units in it...and is it possible to show cancelled out units?