Moodle for organisations

Moodle for organisations

by Mike Horn -
Number of replies: 3
Hi all!

I'm thinking about using Moodle for a project that would involve many different organisation levels, and need some info - if anyone can help!

Can one installation of Moodle support multiple organisation levels, for eg Institute A and Institute B working from the same installation with an admin at each level, and a super admin for the system?

Would it be possible to have a different stylesheet per organisation/group?

Thanks!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mike Horn

Re: Moodle for organisations

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi Mike,

its no problem with the new role system. You can add a role on context level (i.e. course category of Institute A). Courses in course category gets other stylesheets (themes) than the other organizations.

In the role system you can define the rights for all the roles you need. First make a good definition what the admins of each organization should do.

Ralf
In reply to Ralf Hilgenstock

by Mike Horn -
Hi Ralf,

Thanks for the info, I'll give it a go!

Mike
In reply to Mike Horn

by Kim Halat -

Hi Folks,

I'm brand new to moodle and - well wow - nice software... But it has so many features that it seems complicated to operate.

Anyway, I would like to do something similar to what Mike is talking about.  I would like to have:

Super admin - who can manage the whole site

Organization A - with their own courses, theme, and admin

Organization B - with the same

I have no clue as to how to even begin doing this.  WOuld you be so kind to point me in the right direction???

thanks,

Kim