Can technology help schools?

Can technology help schools?

by Ray Lawrence -
Number of replies: 3

A question close to the heart of many members of this community.....

This article on BBC online today may be of interest.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ray Lawrence

Re: Can technology help schools?

by Joyce Smith -
Really good article Bryan, thanks
I was listening to our ABC Radio this morning about the new rollout of email as a precurser to the bigger plan for e-learning in NSW, Australia . A great story was told about a group of 5 year olds in kindy, sending emails to others in another school describing a toy. Discussion went back and forth , and the second 'group' painted pictures from the descriptions they had received, the results were said to be quite amazing !
Emails and web sites to start with, then of course the need for the LMS hmmmmmmmm wink wink I can see the OZ moodlers growing substantially in number !!

link provided below ( not on the ABC as yet)

The NSW Department of Education and Training has rolled-out an AU$84 million e-learning system, providing 750,000 public school students and 51,000 teachers with their own e-mail addresses.
The system will also link students and teachers to a comprehensive new Web site and chat rooms.
NSW Premier, Bob Carr, said "computers are now essential tools of research, learning and teaching. This investment will ensure NSW students have the best possible chance to remain at the top of the class."
http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/0,2000061733,39116650,00.htm
In reply to Ray Lawrence

Re: Can technology help schools?

by Joyce Smith -
Apologies Ray, I referred to Bryan's reply to you, instead of your post , we all share the 'spirit' though (as I am sure you will understand )
cheers
Joyce