by Hussam Rashid -
Number of replies: 2
How can i doing FULL backup automaticly
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Hussam Rashid

Re: Full Backup Automaticly

by Simon Britton -
If you have a dedicated Linux/Unix machine you can use webmin
It includes a filesystem backup facility and database automated backup facility.

Personally I get an entire database dump every night to a backup folder then use the filesystem backup to archive the moodledata folder AND the database dump folder accross to another server on our network which in turn backs up to tape but it can be just as easily configured to archive to tape, external drive. Plus of course it is Open Source and has loads of other admin tools included.

If you have a windows machine running moodle then someone else may need to chip in here but a similar product should do it.

If you are using a hosting company, check they don't already include an entire backup facility already
In reply to Simon Britton

Re: Full Backup Automaticly

by Colin Heron -

Hi Simon,

I am quite new to administrating a server so please excuse me if I sound a bit green to all of this!

I have been to the webmin site, all looks good but I just wondered if you can give me some advice? Is the automated filesystem backup you speak of one of the functions within webmin?

What I really want to know before I delve any further is whether this is a one stop solution for both the Moodledata directory and the database sql backup?

At present I am doing both tasks manually and would love the chance to automate.

Thanks in advance.

Colin.