el_utf8 (greek) language for moodle 1.7

el_utf8 (greek) language for moodle 1.7

by Theodore Tzidamis -
Number of replies: 3
Hello, everyone.

In University of Macedonia (Thessaloniki, Greece), we have dedicated some time to translate (as quickly and adequately as possible) moodle 1.7 into the greek language.

Of course, we didn't start from scratch but we used previous translations (thanks to all the people that had put their time there). Our work consisted mainly of correcting the existent el_utf8 1.7 files as well as translating non-translated ones; thanks to Vicky Economou from Parallel and Distributed Processing Lab and Chrysoula Papazoglou from the University Library.

We didn't use the 1.7 version after all (but the 1.6.3 one) but the translation has reached a pretty satisfactory level. Also, given the fact that we have tested the whole thing several times, it might come handy to someone.

To reach my point, does anyone know if there is a place we could turn in this work so that it could be downloaded automatically from any moodle installation?

Cheers,

Theodore D. Tzidamis
Parallel and Distributed Processing Lab
University of Macedonia
Thessaloniki, Greece
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Theodore Tzidamis

Re: el_utf8 (greek) language for moodle 1.7

by Theodore Tzidamis -
Additionally to my previous post:

Using moodle1.6.3 after all, we had to correct/translate thoroughly (almost 90%) the el_utf8 files for that installation too. Again, we based our work on the el_utf8 files that can be downloaded from the admin menu as well as another partial translation by Mike Psaltakis. Ergo, these files could also be made available, provided that someone points me to the right direction.

Cheers.
In reply to Theodore Tzidamis

Απάντηση: el_utf8 (greek) language for moodle 1.7

by Yannis T -
I am also trying to translate a little bit of Moodle into Greek . According to Moodle :

Total number of strings: 9652
Missing: 6282 (65.1 %)

Anyone interested in contributing is more than welcomed.

Yannis T.