How to submit the quiz and return pass or fail

How to submit the quiz and return pass or fail

by John Brady -
Number of replies: 2

I am fairly new to Moodle (version 1.6.1). On a previous platform, when I created a Quiz with 10 questions there was a place to indicate a passing score; 7 correct or 8 correct…out of 10 questions. At the end of the quiz (Submit) a clear pass or failed indication appeared.

In Moodle I’ve set up Multiple Choice and True/False quizzes, however, I can’t find where to indicate a passing score. Right now I’m using Labels and the Quiz Description area to indicate the passing score.

Using Conditional Activities I can indicate that they have already successfully passed this Quiz (when they return to the Topic, not immediate enough).

In the Topic format I am using Conditional Activities to guide the student through a series of presentations and associated quizzes and upon successful completion opening a new Course to them and that all works fine.

It is just the basic, did I pass the quiz, question that I’m attempting to address with immediate feedback, submit the quiz and return pass or fail.

I’ve read the Quiz Module Documentation and many (many) of the posts in this Forum. There appears to be something I just not getting or missing completely.

Help please

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Brady

Re: How to submit the quiz and return pass or fail

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
From Moodle 1.7 onwards, quizzes can have overall feedback, which I think does what you want.