geogebra in wiki

geogebra in wiki

by Guido van der Waals -
Number of replies: 7

How must I insert a geogebra-file in a wiki(standard)?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Guido van der Waals

Re: geogebra in wiki

by John Isner -
Have you installed and activated the GeoGebra filter? If so, Is your Wiki in HTML mode? If so, did you try inserting a hyperlink as described in the filter documentation? Please describe what you have done and what result you got.
In reply to John Isner

by Guido van der Waals -

Moodle 1.7+ (2006101009) and Wiki is in HTML mode

Step 1:
First I made with geogebra the file: proef.ggb.
In the 6th moodle-topic I add a resource: link to a file or a website
The file proef is visible and working.

Step 2:
In a wiki I have made a link evenkijken to the same file!!

Step 3:
After saving the wikipage: the link is gone!!!!

Attachment moodlevraag.jpg

by John Isner -
Guido,
Does the link you inserted in the wiki (evenkijen) point to the resource (proef) or to the ggb file? Make it point to the resource. Also make the resource appear in a new window.

I do it the same way. I make the link in the activity point to a Web page resource containing (only) a link to the ggb file. I also specify "new window." Then I can control the size of the worksheet and the size of the window.

In reply to John Isner

by Guido van der Waals -

First: My link point to the ggb file. How must I point it to the resource?

My students must insert a ggb file in a wiki and not a dynamic-java-applet!

by John Isner -
If your STUDENTS need to insert a ggb file (created with the GeoGebra application), have them attach it to the wiki page as a file attachment.

In reply to John Isner

by Guido van der Waals -

Yes, until now it's the only way.

thanks  for your help.

by John Isner -
Guido,
If you want students to embed a LINK to a ggb file in the wiki, this can also be done. I just tried it and it works. Here is the HTML on my Wiki page:

To see the worksheet, click <a href="http://mysite.com/mod/resource/view.php?id=415">here</a>.

The href points to a Web page resource (id=415) that I created. The Web page contains a link to the ggb file, which I uploaded to the course files area. I do not link to the ggb file directly in the wiki because I want the GeoGebra worksheet to appear in a popup window.

Your students cannot create resources. But if you install the HSU "MyFiles" block, students will be able to upload their ggb files to their "My Files" folder and link to them from wiki pages. They must be sure to specify that the files are shared with everyone.

About popups: If you link directly to a ggb file, it will appear embedded in the page at the point of the link. IMO this is usually undesirable. I want a popup. To get a popup, you link to the ggb indirectly through a Web page (and make the Web page a pop up).