Devloping a reporting mod - anyone interested

Devloping a reporting mod - anyone interested

by Lori Bakken -
Number of replies: 10
Is anyone interesting in creating a reporting mod with me? I'm not that familiar with moodleAPI but I am a quick learner and pretty good with SQL.

Lori
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lori Bakken

Re: Devloping a reporting mod - anyone interested

by hasier ugarte -
Hi Lori,
I am a estudent of computer engineering from The Basque Country,and I am going to develop a reporting mod for my career final project.I am going to work with a high school where they use moodle, and we will meet to speak about what they would like to see and how in the reports.

Sorry for my poor english.

Best regards,Hasier
In reply to hasier ugarte

by Niki Lambropoulos -
Hi Lori * Hasier,

I am always interested in reports and evaluation. I have developed some simple tools here >>
http://e-mmersion.net >> DEMO What kind of reports are thinking to work on?? I didnt get the image..

Best wishes
niki

by Andrew Chow -
Hello, Hasier,

have you finished your reporting module for school? I am interested to learn what you have done.

Best Regards,

Andrew
In reply to Andrew Chow

by hasier ugarte -
Hi Andrew,

I haven´t finished my reporting module, I will do it for may more or less. But I will post a .doc where explains what we want to do, and if you want to help everybody is welcome.

Best Regards,Hasier
In reply to Andrew Chow

by hasier ugarte -
Hi Andrew,

Here you have the word document to see what we want to do, tell me what you think and if you think that I can get all the data to develop every fields.

Best Regards,Hasier.

P.D.:Sorry for my poor english and tell me everything you don´t understand.

by Andrew Chow -
Hi, Hasier,

thank you very much for the Word Document. The features in your module are what we need and will be very useful.

When you say 'The user can choose an specific activity', do you mean the teacher can choose which activities are reported?

What is the difference between the red and yellow state icons? Do they refer to a saved attempt versus a continuing attempt?

Why are the numbers in the percentage (grade?) column of the table greater than 100?

I look forward to seeing the module when you complete it.

Mucho gracias.

Andrew
In reply to Lori Bakken

by Andrew Chow -
Hi, Lori,

I created a course completion module that reports on students who have achieved a threshold grade in a quiz, and/or have accessed resources such as files and websites. There is also a manual grade for the teacher to individually assess each student.

Would that be of use to you? What specifically are you looking for the reporting mod to do?

Andrew
In reply to Lori Bakken

by Valery Fremaux -

I have quite finished a coursetracking module that performes quasi-real time capture in course contents and activity reporting. May this help you. (I'm not sure of all stuff yet).

Help files are given in french and english.

I hope being able to push it to the Moodle community in a short delay by now.

May you get it at the latest post in this thread (all in french, sorry).

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=65638

In reply to Valery Fremaux

by Andrew Chow -
Hi, Valery,

thank you very much for your post and link to the thread. I will try your module in 1.7 and report any findings in that thread. I am not at all fluent in French, but I will try my best with the help of Google Translate. smile

Merci beaucoup.

Andrew
In reply to Valery Fremaux

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Valery,

French won't be a problem for us (Hasier and me). We'll have a look at your work in the next few days and see if we can benefit from it smile

À bientôt!

Saludos. Iñaki.