STOP emailing grades to students

STOP emailing grades to students

by Brian Jones -
Number of replies: 3
I remember that there was a thread some time ago about adding an option either to the assignment or the grading preferences or something, and I'm shocked to find that, in Moodle 1.7, I STILL can't find a way to keep grades from being sent to students. My working assumption is that I've missed something, and that this issue (which I believe is going on one year old now - maybe more) has been fixed.

Does anyone know if the ability to turn off sending emails to students every time a grade is updated appears in Moodle 1.7? If it doesn't, does anyone know how to turn off email site-wide in Moodle? I hate to have to do that, but if that's the only choice we have, the faculty have decided to go that route.

Thanks.
brian.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brian Jones

Re: STOP emailing grades to students

by Bob Puffer -
Running 1.63 and this was driving my faculty crazy. Commented out the following lines that look like this:
if (! email_to_user($user, $teacher, $postsubject, $posttext, $posthtml)) {
echo "Error: assignment cron: Could not send out mail for id $submission->id to user $user->id ($user->email)\n";
}

THese are found in the assignment_cron function in mod/assignment/lib.php.

Hope this helps.
In reply to Bob Puffer

by Andy An -
Hi Bob:
My problem is reversed! I want to turn on this functiomn.
I use 1.6.3 and when the teacher grade the student's assignments there is no email sent to student. I have read other thread saying this is a bug. How can I fix it with out upgrading to version 1.7+?

Thanks.
Andy
In reply to Brian Jones

by Miki Alliel -
Picture of Translators

Hello

We Have the same problem as you have. We have Moodle 1.6.3 and we also don't want e-mails to be send automatically when updating and grading students. We want it to be only per user, namely each student can see his own grade only in Moodle system and not by e-mail.

I hope someone know how to deal with that. I guess in some other courses in the future we might want it to be work as it is know ( with sending those emails) I hope it is not to complicated. smile