Databases: Insert Quiz Records from External Quiz?

Databases: Insert Quiz Records from External Quiz?

Robert Saari tomonidan -
Number of replies: 2

We want to be able to launch a flash-based quiz outside of moodle and have the quiz data recorded to the same database tables as the moodle quizzes.  I know how to get all the data (username, id, etc) to record, but I'm bit sure to which tables to write the data.  I've browsed through the quiz module source code in an attempt to find the information, but I struggle with PHP - I'm a VB guy wink.

Can someone tell me where to find the INSERT statements, or which tables I need to use?

We're using Moodle 1.5.2 and MySQL on a Windows Server.

Thanks!

O'rtacha reytinglar: -
In reply to Robert Saari

Re: Databases: Insert Quiz Records from External Quiz?

Tim Hunt tomonidan -
Core developers rasmi Documentation writers rasmi Particularly helpful Moodlers rasmi Peer reviewers rasmi Plugin developers rasmi
Currently there is no easy way to do this (as far as I know).

I don't think using the Moodle quiz module will help you at all.

I think the right general approach is to make a minimal new activity module called something like "External activity". All it does is store a grade for each student, and passes this on to the Moodle gradebook. The editing screen for teachers would contain just a way of entering some sort of ID, so that whatever loads the results (maybe there could be a web-service interface) knows which module instance to associate the result with. The module would be pretty much invisible to students, apart from appearing as a line in the gradebook.

Tim (Quiz module maintainer.)
In reply to Robert Saari

Re: Databases: Insert Quiz Records from External Quiz?

Ntri Kate tomonidan -
Funny - I had the same question that I posted today.

I just discovered the Flash module - I wonder if that is a possibility?