Digital Photography Instructors...Suggestions?

Digital Photography Instructors...Suggestions?

by Mary Parke -
Number of replies: 4
Hello!

I've a few instructors teaching photoshop and digital photography. I'm seeking suggestions for how to setup assignments.

Currently, instructors have been using discussions for students to post their images and receive peer feedback. Then the instructor has to create a "dummy" assignment to record the instructor's grade and comments for the students' submitted works. This requires flipping back and forth through windows.

Any ideas on how to better setup peer review and instructor grading of image files?

The regular assignment feature is only one-way feedback from the instructor and doesn't allow for peer review.

Anyone tried this with workshop?

All suggestions welcome.

Thank you!

Mary
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mary Parke

Re: Digital Photography Instructors...Suggestions?

by John Isner -
Have you seen this course?

Workshop would be ideal. Student submissions would be links to their work on Flickr (that's what the author of the above course did).
In reply to John Isner

by Mary Parke -
WOW! That was a great suggestion and resource. Thank you John! I'm going to check it out and also forward it to the instructor.

Thank you!

- Mary
In reply to Mary Parke

by Hans de Zwart -
Hello Mary,

Have you thought of using graded forums? Like this discussion (do you see the "rate it" pull down menu? You can set this up in such a way that only the teacher can rate the posts and you can decide what kind of scale you want to use...

Good luck!
In reply to Hans de Zwart

by Mary Parke -
Hi Hans!

Thank you for the suggestion! Can I ask - if you rate the discussion (teacher only) can the instructor also post comments for only that student to view? I haven't quite figured this part out.

Thank you VERY much, again!

- Mary