"Stop running this script error?" message while moving resources

"Stop running this script error?" message while moving resources

by madi y -
Number of replies: 6

My moodle version is 1.7, running on apache on centos 4.4.

I'm using IE7, IE hang while moving resources between "weekly outline", then the message "Stop running this script error?" pop up. I clicked "Yes", and the IE back to normal after a few seconds.

This is the message I got:

error message

Lecturers start complaining when the got this message.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to madi y

Re: "Stop running this script error?" message while moving resources

by Karolis Kaolis -

Hi,

I have this problem too and don't know how to fix it either, if someone can help i'll be happy to know karoliscc@gmail. com

In reply to Karolis Kaolis

by jayne morgan -
Me too - is it a bug that is being looked at? It only happens to me, though, not any of our other users!
In reply to jayne morgan

by Skip Marshall -
This is a bug we have been experiencing as well. I have submitted a bug :MDL-8287.

It appears to be related to the use of AJAX. We were able to resolve the issue by disabling AJAX in Moodle.
In reply to Skip Marshall

by Alex Inman -
AJAX was not enabled on our server and we still had the problem. However, I enabled AJAX, then disabled AJAX (just to check). Still have the problem.
In reply to Alex Inman

by Vy-Shane Sin Fat -
It seems that a range of different issues are being discussed here.

1) Is AJAX turned on? From the original post, the screenshot shows that AJAX is definitely on.

2) Does the error occur while moving or while deleting resources? There is a known issue for resource deletion when AJAX is on. I have just checked in a temporary fix for the resources deletion problem. See MDL-8287.

I can't reproduce the error while moving resources. Latest 1.7.1+ code, on IE 6 and 7. If you are still having problems while moving resources, can you file a bug in the tracker? Just make sure that you are running the latest stable 1.7.1+ code before you test.
In reply to Vy-Shane Sin Fat

by madi y -
1) Yes, AJAX in on. 2) Occurs during deleting and moving resources. Sometimes occur after a few resource movement. I planned to upgrade my moodle to the latest stable version when the semester finished in 2 months time. No problem with Firefox - tested.