Students Not Listed In Gradebook

Students Not Listed In Gradebook

by Steve Shuemake -
Number of replies: 4

Apparently there is something that I am missing and perhaps this is not the correct forum to ask in, so if I need to redirect it, please let me know.

First of all I have several courses going and this problem exist in all of them so it seems global.  But for discussion I will use one course (Financial Stewardship) which has 6 Participants.  The students have completed several assignments and quizzes, but when I click on "Grades", the only this listed is the Teacher/Administrator - No students are listed.  Under "Assign Roles" it reflects 6 Students and upon clicking "Student" it lists 6 students. Yet there are no students listed in the gradebook.

I can click on "Quizzes" and under "Attempts" it shows in the first quizz that "5 students have meade 6 attempts".  When I click on that link it will show me the different students, info on the quizz and a GRADE.  Yet the grade nor the student shows up in the gradebook.

Help!

In reply to Steve Shuemake

Re: Students Not Listed In Gradebook

by Steve Shuemake -

Isn't it funny how that after dwelling on an issue for a long period of time without a solution, somehow materializes when you lay it down and forget about it for a while.

The solution to my problem was to go to Appearance > Gradebook  and put a check mark by Student.  Problem solved.  At least this post may help someone else with this same problem.

by Todd Avery -
It didn't help, thanks though. It seems that only assignments allow me to edit them while the rest are not green.
In reply to Todd Avery

by Michael Penney -
Hi Todd, some Moodle tools can be edited in Gradebook V2, while others can't. If they are displayed in green in Edit Grades, they can be edited in the gradebook. Currently this is just Assignment, Quiz, and Gradebook Events. Other types of Moodle activities like Forum and Lesson have non-standard methods of calculating grades, and so their grades cannot be edited in the gradebook.

With the current gradebook architecture, this is a good as it gets. See the discussions on the Central Grades Table Gradebook development for more.

by Mat Budzynski -
This is exactly the answer I've been looking for. So obvious yet so ... hidden.

Thanks very much!