Can Hot Pot be integrated into Lesson?

Re: Can Hot Pot be integrated into Lesson?

by Gordon Bateson -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Steve,
thanks for your message. What an exciting start to 2007!

I am just about to begin programming on a major rewrite of the HotPot module. It will be faster and better than ever before.

The new module will do everything the current module does, and will continue to be open-source and freely available to everyone.

However, the new HotPot module will also have "hooks" for "add-ins", which will add extra functionality to the HotPot module. For instance, I have in mind some add-ins which will allow HotPot quizzes to be viewed in a Flash player, or on on mobile phones. I would also like to allow the HotPot module to administer completely different kinds quizzes (e.g. Qedoc), and handle new kinds of input formats (=source files) and output formats (=players), such as those created by Alan Hess.

Anyone will be able to create add-ins and make them available, freely or commercially, as they please. I will make several add-ins which I hope to be able to sell, and so continue funding for development of the HotPot module.

I had intended that allowing HotPots in Lessons would be an add-in that I would create and sell myself. However, if you would like to pay for me to develop this add-in and then make it freely available (or sell it yourself) that would be fine too.

I will contact you privately to discuss your exact requirements

best regards
Gordon