Negative points in non-adaptive mode (revisited)

Negative points in non-adaptive mode (revisited)

by Josep M. Fontana -
Number of replies: 2
This is a question that has come up many times. Last time I remember it came up when Gustav Delius was the maintainer of this module. Now that Tim and the OU people have taken over, I would like to know whether there are any plans to introduce this functionality in the quiz module. The functionality would involve to be able to take points off for an incorrect answer even in questions where the user is allowed only to chose ONE single answer among the different available answers. This is a much requested feature as it is apparently a pretty standard feature in multiple choice testing.

Does anybody know anything about this? Is it in the roadmap for quiz develpment? Has it been dismissed for some reason? Thanks in advance for your answers.

Josep M.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Josep M. Fontana

Re: Negative points in non-adaptive mode (revisited)

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
This has been frequently desucssed here. As you point out, the difficulty is in coming up with something that works in both adaptive and non-adaptive mode. Therefore doing it is not as easy as it at first seems.

So the idea has not been dismissed, but is it not a priority for me, so it won't happen if you just wait for me to do it.