Right to Left Language not working on Moodle 1.7

Right to Left Language not working on Moodle 1.7

by Morah Moriah -
Number of replies: 1
I just installed Moodle 1.7 on a test server.

It is no longer supporting the display of right to left languages such as Hebrew.

I can edit in Hebrew in the editor, but it doesn't show up properly after being saved. It only shows ????? instead of the Hebrew font.

I am able to install the Hebrew language pack, but it doesn't do anything as far as typing and displaying Hebrew. I tried to restore a course from Moodle 1.6 into 1.7, and all the Hebrew font don't show up, only ?????.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Morah Moriah

Re: Right to Left Language not working on Moodle 1.7

by john attwood -
Morah,

It sounds like a little bit different problem I've been having with Russian but there are similarities. Are you sure it's a right to left issue ? Maybe try another right to left language and see if the same thing is happening.

With Russian font I can type in information in moodle and it works but when I try to cut and paste from word it comes up all question marks when I go to save it. It pastes in fine but then when I hit save it comes up all question marks.

I've actually had the ??? problem going from different versions of 1.7 with Russian.

Otherwise maybe it's a unicode issue which is what I'm looking into with my Russian language problem. I haven't had time to research it yet. But when I do I will share my results.

Wait a minute can you go to your browser and change the character encoding ?

What browser are you using ? That has made a difference on some of my font issues. On Firefox it's view, character encoding. Try unicode. Then maybe middle eastern there's like 4 or 5 selections for Hebrew.

John