DFWikiTeam's Xmas Gift

DFWikiTeam's Xmas Gift

by Jordi Piguillem -
Number of replies: 9
Hi all.

I have some great news. The NWiki release for Moodle 1.7 in now avaliable for download in our site.

http://morfeo.upc.es/crom/course/view.php?id=4

DWikiTeam, Pigui.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jordi Piguillem

Re: DFWikiTeam's Xmas Gift

by Jérôme DEMIAUX -
hi pigui,

it's a beautifull gift which this new release of Nwiki.
I tried to install it on a 1.7 moodle server.
I do not have all tests but my first observations are :
no problems with update except:
  • new storage folders names called 'wiki+ID' (before 'dfwiki+ID') so all links (files, images ...) are wrongs; (not serious, a simple displacement of files and the problem is solved)
  • Block Wiki-create pages doesn't work. (not serious too, cause newpage works in edition)
  • For some recently modified pages, the message attached appears.

Hope it can help you,
Jérôme.
Attachment parser.jpg
In reply to Jérôme DEMIAUX

by Jordi Piguillem -
Hi Jérôme

thanks for your report.

We will make some tests and solve the 2 first problems as soon as possible. The last one is a litle bit strange. I will ask someone to revise our code.

DFWikiTeam, Pigui.

by Jérôme DEMIAUX -
And what about DFWikiteam's Xmas holidays ?
Sometimes, it's good to make a break.

The two first problems are not criticals and i suppose the last one is issue to our wild handling between 1.6 and 1.7 releases.
We can edit or modify them but when we save them, parser error is display.
So we have created another pages, copy and paste the text between older and newer pages, then deleted the olders and rename the newers. It works.

Jérôme

by Juvenal Sahiri -
Ho Jordi,
Nice Xmas gift indeed. I have a related question, sorry I am new to Moodle. I was following up on Ludo posting about tiddly integration with nwiki. I went to to the dfwiki website and was kind of confused about the steps to go through to install the import/export modules. My question is the following:
1) Is tiddlywiki already installed in Moodle? From what I have read, ewiki (efurwiki) is the prepackaged wiki in moodle. If it is, then it makes sense to just install the import/export package. On the other hand, I didn't see where to download tiddlywiki on the website (dfwiki website). Each time I clicked on a download tiddlywiki link, I got more literature. No files to download.

2) Suggestion: when one clicks on the import/export files links, each individual files open. Would be more user friendly if they were bundled in a zip which can be extracted and copied to either the block or mod.

Thanks.
In reply to Juvenal Sahiri

by Jordi Piguillem -
Hi Juvenal,

Tiddlywiki is not installed in Moodle. It is a wiki like this one.
http://moodle.tiddlyspot.com/

You can save this page in your computer and you will have your own tiddlywiki. You can also register a new one in http://tiddlyspot.com/.

In our site there are some server files to make these two wikis interact. You will be able to sincronise pages in a NWiki with pages in a TiddlyWiki.

DFWikiTeam, Pigui.

by Juvenal Sahiri -
Pigui,
Thanks for the clarification. I will install tyddliwiki and test the synchronization.
Juvenal.

by Dean Ernst -

Hi,

I have been unable to upgrade my 1.7 wiki to the new Nwiki (wiki_1.7_rev2006122201.zip)

I have tried both these methods:

1. Deleted the existing wiki wiki folder in mod and copied all files from zip into moodle directery, no overwrites, just new files

2. Copied new wiki folder (and blocks, course, lang) over existing

Each time, when going to the admin page, it detects that the wiki needs to be upgraded, but does not complete the upgrade.

I get no error messages, it just doesn't complete right through to the 'continue' button and I get an incomplete wiki install. Blank page when viewing the admin area.

I have to uninstall both the DFWiki (seems to add a temporary DFWiki when upgrading) and the new wiki (that doesn't work). I can then install the old wiki and all is back to normal.

Any problems encountered by anyone else upgrading the standard wiki to the nwiki in Moodle 1.7??

Thanks

Dean

In reply to Dean Ernst

by Jordi Piguillem -
Hi Dean,

we will make some tests and zip another release solving this bug.

DFWikiTeam, Pigui

by Dean Ernst -
Thanks Jordi,

I really want to upgrade for the start of the new new

Cheers

Dean