Enrolment Key - Default Site Enrolment

Enrolment Key - Default Site Enrolment

par Carol Poon,
Nombre de réponses : 3
Hi,

I set up my course to use "Default Site Enrolment" as the enrolment plugin. I also set an enrolment key for the course. However, when I tried to login as another user I can just view the course content without having to enter the enrolment key. Isn't a bug, has it been fixed? Or if there're some settings I need to change?

Thank you.
Moyenne des évaluations  -
En réponse à Carol Poon

Re: Enrolment Key - Default Site Enrolment

par Jason Hollowell,
Avatar Particularly helpful Moodlers
I'm having the same problem and have searched and searched and haven't found a fix but have found several others with the same problem with no responses.....this is a BIG problem if it's a bug and equally problematic if it's a default setting set improperly.....

Jason
En réponse à Carol Poon

par David Harrison,
I just posted this last night under Dennis Mr.:
I'm a very newbie to Moodle administration, and have been toying with this very issue, so hopefully I'm not steering you wrong. Here's what I've tried that seems to work:
1. In Settings, courses are listed as "Non enrollable" but are "Available to students."
2. In the Assign Roles section for the entire site, I only have listed the Admins, Course Creators, and (soon) the Teachers. I do NOT have any students listed. If I did, then they would show as "enrolled" in all new courses that utilize "students" as the default role assignment in the Settings menu. Course Creators do show up in the Participants List of each new course, which is fine, but the students do not...unless they've gone through step #3 below.
3. I then manually enroll the students in the Assign Roles under the new course.
This way, I don't have to use the enrollment key, I don't have all students listed as "Participants" even if they've not even logged in yet, and no student can enroll in a class on his/her own.
Again, I'm brand new to this, but in my experimentation, this works.
Later
David
PS The site that I'm building is still in the experimental phase, so I can play with new courses and students. I'm very new.....less than a week into this. And I am not hosing the site myself but rather am using Moodle Rooms, so I don't have to mess with mySQL links. As such, I am lucky in that I'm starting from scratch, not from a pre-existing database. So, my situation may be different. But, what I did works. Let me know if this works for you, too, as I'm trying to learn.
En réponse à David Harrison

par Jason Hollowell,
Avatar Particularly helpful Moodlers
David,

Thanks, I think I understand what you are doing but unfortunately, in my particular case (at least the one that I'm having trouble with), manually enrolling the students is not a practical option.

I've used Moodle in the classroom for about two years now and never had a problem using the enrollment key system but that was with versions of Moodle earlier than 1.7 My current install of 1.7 isn't really up and running yet (only two users - myself and one other person whose account I created manually) because of this issue with the enrollment key. I want to turn on e-mail based account creation but not have it so that anyone in the world can enroll in the course that I have set up as there is already some sensitive informaiton in the course which will increase as our social community builds. I had planned to provide the enrollment key via an e-mail list that all of the prospective members belong to but since the enrollment key isn't working.....

I haven't tweaked any of the roles or permissions and can't see that there is a problem with the default settings so I am at a total loss.

Thanks for the input.

Jason